Tuesday, December 31, 2013
For 2014 I am going to make professional and personal goals. I am hoping that putting them out there for everyone to see will help me become more accountable.
1. Complete the #500in2014 challenge. I am joining a group on Twitter who have made it a goal to run 500 miles this year. That's about 1 1/3 miles per day. We are using the Nike+ Running app to track our progress. I have also enlisted a couple of friends to do the challenge with me. I am feeling pretty confident that with my online support group and my personal support group I can meet this goal.
2. Eat healthier. My husband got me a juicer for Christmas and I am loving it so far! I would like to have some sort of juice every day in this new year. I would also like to cut some foods out of my diet. I'm usually not too bad but there is room for improvement.
1. Read 300 books in 2014. In 2013 I met my goal of 250 books. I want to up my goal to 300 this year since I was successful with the 250. (Hmmm... I think this could also be considered a personal goal since I read for enjoyment.)
2. Read more professional books. When looking through the books I read in 2013, I did notice I have a huge book gap in this category. I am going to commit myself to reading 1 professional book a month. I am good a starting them but not finishing. I think the problem I have right now is that I have too many started!
3. Blog at least once a week. I would like to participate in It's Monday What Are You Reading, Slice of Life, Nonfiction Picture Book Wednesday, Poetry Friday, and Celebrate! I would love to do all of these every week. However, I know me. If I miss doing one, I will fall off the boat because I have the "all or nothing" mentality. So I am going to participate in one of these each week. If I am able to do more than one, then that is a bonus.
So there you go, 5 resolutions for myself. Wow, that seems like a lot! I think I will need to periodically check back with these resolutions and measure how I am doing with them.
Happy New Year!