Sunday, March 5, 2017

SOL #5 Sunday Mornings


Sunday mornings are my favorite. While most people like to sleep in, I like to get up early and enjoy the quiet. This is my time.

My time to read through the Sunday papers. Read about what's happening locally and around the world, look through the ads to see if there is something I can't live without, and clip coupons.

It's my time to sit with my dog and enjoy a cup of coffee. Nothing pressing to think about. No major decisions to make. Sometimes I will watch the news, other times I will read a book.

My time to think about what I want to do with my time today. Sometimes I will rustle up my family and go to church. Other times I just want to enjoy a run, walk, or bike ride. I may go into school and get some work done. Reading a book may be on the agenda. If the weather is nice, I may find something to do outside.

When I hear people moving around upstairs I know that my time has almost ended and I need to start making breakfast. Because making a nice breakfast on Sunday morning is also something I enjoy.

Sunday mornings have a slow pace to them; the only time in the week where I feel as if I can slow down and enjoy what's around me. It's my time. I hope everyone finds a time in their week where they can slow down and enjoy the moment.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about Sundays. It is a time to be ourselves- if only for an hour a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree about Sunday mornings, and I enjoyed your descriptions of the many choices and possibilities for how you can use this sacred time.

    ReplyDelete