Monday, March 10, 2014

Slice of Life Day 10- Daylight Savings


I am not sure I understand the need for daylight savings. I'm sure there is a good reason out there. It seems I have heard at one time it was for the farmers.

All I know is that I like daylight savings less in the spring.

I lose an hour of sleep. And it seems as though the older I get, the longer it takes to recover. Getting up at 4:40 this morning to hit the gym was not fun. Sure, once I got there and started moving around I was fine. Moving out of bed, however, was a struggle.

As I looked around the school this afternoon, I saw more zombie-like teachers than normal. I heard a few teachers mention wanting to take a nap. So apparently it's not just me.

The only thing I do like about daylight savings is more daylight in the evening. I can go for an after-dinner run. Jacob can play outside longer.

I guess the longer evenings remind me that summer isn't too far off. That is something that puts a smile on my face.

1 comment:

  1. I echo your sentiments except the one about hitting the gym at 5:40. My talented self turned off the alarm at 5:45 this morning and woke up at 6:30 by my husband's. Good news, I guess I found that missing hour of sleep! Wishing you an easy transition to DST! :) (PS thanks for the follow on Twitter this week!)
    b

    ReplyDelete